Vaio (diverse) Matshita and Blu-Ray Disks

M

mechomem

Forum Newbie
Hello

I have a Matshita BD-MLT UJ-220S built in the vaio FZ21z and since Windows 7 Installation (32bit) there is no way to play Blu-Ray Disk.

I tried the EP0000174140.exe Firmwire update Utility - which shows me the correct device and Firmware Version 1.01.
After the update (with no errors) and the suggested reboot the Blu-Ray Device cannot show Blu-Ray disks either and the FW Update Utility shows me Version 1.01 again.
comments by mechomem: running EP0000174140.exe in compatibilty modus worked and the FW Update utility shows me that 'Firmware of drive is already up to date'

Blu-Ray disk is not working either :(

Is there a way to get the Matshita BD-MLT UJ-220S working again?

thanks a lot!
Bernhard

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Hello

I have a Matshita BD-MLT UJ-220S built in the vaio FZ21z and since Windows 7 Installation (32bit) there is no way to play Blu-Ray Disk.

I tried the EP0000174140.exe Firmwire update Utility - which shows me the correct device and Firmware Version 1.01.
After the update (with no errors) and the suggested reboot the Blu-Ray Device cannot show Blu-Ray disks either and the FW Update Utility shows me Version 1.01 again.
comments by mechomem: running EP0000174140.exe in compatibilty modus worked and the FW Update utility shows me that 'Firmware of drive is already up to date'

Blu-Ray disk is not working either :(

Is there a way to get the Matshita BD-MLT UJ-220S working again?

thanks a lot!
Bernhard

hi, look some posts below, i have postet today an link with a lot of firmware´s in an RAR-Archive... if u have luck u can fix it anyway... otherwise,

look here The Firmware Page • View topic - New Matshita/Toshiba Firmware Releases (2010.02.03) and ask the user how postet that...

i have read that he can "tune" firmwares...

greetings

Hi,

where can I find the most actuell firmware for my blu-disc drive MATSHITA BD-MLT UJ230AS? It's a blu ray disc drive and - burner, original sony oem. On the VAIO homepage I can only find a firmware update to the version 1.01. Please poste a link.

Best regards,
TruEnemy

BTW: Kann auch Deutsch ;)

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Hi,

where can I find the most actuell firmware for my blu-disc drive MATSHITA BD-MLT UJ230AS? It's a blu ray disc drive and - burner, original sony oem. On the VAIO homepage I can only find a firmware update to the version 1.01. Please poste a link.

Best regards,
TruEnemy

BTW: Kann auch Deutsch ;)

hmm ich denk das iss noch zu neu... aber kannst ja auch mal den typen da fragen... habs durch google gefunden.... 15minuten gesucht und dann hat ich mein update ;)

Welchen Typen soll ich denn fragen? ^^ Wenn ich meinen Laufwerk- Namen bei Google eingebe, findet der leider kein Firmware- Update ...

Hi mechomem and welcome to the forum.

The EP0000174140 FW update is designed for UJ-220B and not for UJ-220S. Therefore it doesn't work on your system. There is no new fw update for your drive out there.

W7 doesn't support BR playback out of the box. I guess your BR drive works well, you just need a proper software BR player like WinDVD or PowerDVD and a display driver. There is a new W7 WinDVD update:
WinDVD BD 8.0.20.169

What is this?
WinDVD BD is Blu-ray and DVD Movie Playback software

Is this relevant for you?
It is recommended to install this update if you use your VAIO for Blu-ray or DVD playback.

What does it fix?
Improvement of BD-J title compatibility

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Device OK - no playback

Hi Lightspeed.

I Guess you are right and there is no Problem with the BR device. Now I installed the patch you suggested, same thing - not be able to play the Blu-Ray Disk with WinDVD BD for Vaio.
btw: Vaio udate gave me the latest update too (WinDVD BD 8.0.20.169), I was wondering on W7.

For the NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GS - driver Version 7.15.11.6760 is installed.
Do I need anything further? Display is shown as PnP-Display.

dxdiag shows:
---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GS
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce 8600M GS
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0425&SUBSYS_9005104D&REV_A1
Display Memory: 1518 MB
Dedicated Memory: 239 MB
Shared Memory: 1279 MB
Current Mode: 1280 x 800 (32 bit) (59Hz)
Monitor Name: PnP-Monitor (Standard)
Monitor Model: Nvidia Defaul
Monitor Id: NVD0300
Native Mode: 1280 x 800(p) (59.940Hz)
Output Type: Internal
Driver Name: nvd3dum.dll,nvwgf2um.dll
Driver File Version: 7.15.0011.6760 (English)
Driver Version: 7.15.11.6760
DDI Version: 10

Could you provide more details about your system:

1. Do you use internal, external or both at this same time display?
2. Could you see the BR drive in the device manager?
3. If yes could you see the content of thr Br disc (computer->drive->open)?

Please install this display driver and try again.

Hello Lightspeed.

ad 1) I use a external Monitor too - most of the time
ad 2) yes, the drive was shown as Matshita BD-MLT UJ-220S
ad 3) yes, the contend of the BluRay was shown in Windows explorer

I installed the Driver you suggested and GREAT!! it works!
Thank you very much vor assistance. After hanging around in Sony-Vaio formum (with still no result) - I am very glad to got a solution!