Recovery utilities of sony fs115b laptop in english language

J

jissmart

Forum Newbie

hallo all,
Recently i perchased sonyfs115b laptop with booting system in german language. i can not better understand the german language. thats why i need recovery tools in english language so that i can work properly. i wrote to sony but they replied that they are unable to provide me recovery tools in english language.
would any body like to write the required cd and it is highly appreicated to inform me

hope to hear soon from any one
javaid :)

editiert von: jissmart, 22.08.2005, 15:58 Uhr

(Sorry for my Bad English)

Where do you live? If you live in Austria ... i know a solution for you.

thanks to answer. i am now living in Germany to complete my studies and i perchased it aslo from Germany. ´what solution you know. kindly write me,

I must talk with the Central Repair Center for VAIOs. If Sony alows to sold a Service Disk, you can buy it with Bill.

Well, wouldn't it be much easier to utilize a generic imaging-software like Acronis TrueImage?

Well you might get hold of an UK/US recovery disk set, but the problem is to acutally use them. Before they install the new software, they check the serial.nr of your notebook. If its notebook for the german market it will not accept disks from other countries. A solution would be a kind sony service technician who will change the serial.nr in the BIOS refering to a UK-US notebook, after you have installed the software you can change it back to the real serial.nr.

Another way is to kick out all the Software provided from Sony and install Windows XP pro multilanguage from scratch.

Regards,
Martin

Well, wouldn't it be much easier to utilize a generic imaging-software like Acronis TrueImage?

i shall also try it if my problem is solved with this interphase. will it also help to change the language of installed softwares or i have to install them in english language :-?

Well you might get hold of an UK/US recovery disk set, but the problem is to acutally use them. Before they install the new software, they check the serial.nr of your notebook. If its notebook for the german market it will not accept disks from other countries. A solution would be a kind sony service technician who will change the serial.nr in the BIOS refering to a UK-US notebook, after you have installed the software you can change it back to the real serial.nr.

Another way is to kick out all the Software provided from Sony and install Windows XP pro multilanguage from scratch.

Regards,
Martin

thanks, but the main problem is that i have no english version. first i need this then my be it works what you suggested me.

i shall also try it if my problem is solved with this interphase. will it also help to change the language of installed softwares or i have to install them in english language :-?

He must have missunderstood you, the imaging software only takes a copy of your current system partition so you can restore again. Of course the language will stay the same. Tankred obviously thought you are looking for a imaging software in english. Anyway, it could somehow also solve your problem:
if you know someone with a Vaio FS living in the states or UK, you could ask him for such a partition image and copy it to your disk. this way you dont need to worry about the serial.nr checking of the original Vaio Recovery Tool.

Regards,
Martin

editiert von: stausi, 23.08.2005, 14:46 Uhr

i have one option in my mind.
if i install operating system (window xp) in english separately, while washing out all the setup of sony. then in this case, can i install drivers and other utilites except window xp from the english utilities cd. if i succeed to get required cd, then perhaps in that case i need not to be worry about serial no.
what would be the outcome problem in this case and is it work or not. :-?

javaid

i have one option in my mind.
if i install operating system (window xp) in english separately, while washing out all the setup of sony. then in this case, can i install drivers and other utilites except window xp from the english utilities cd. if i succeed to get required cd, then perhaps in that case i need not to be worry about serial no.
what would be the outcome problem in this case and is it work or not. :-?

javaid

sure that would be a solution, if you dont want to have the extra software package (Adobe,Sonic,VaioCenter etc.) then you dont really need the recovery DVDs from Sony.
just go to the US sony site and download the necessary drivers and utilities for ur vaio.
some of the utilities are needed to get the notebook working properly though.
i will send you a personal message tonight with the details

Regards
Martin

So why don't you post that information in public? Maybe other readers are interested in this, too!?

Hallo Martin,

I think that it will be the last option for me to get rid of all sony package softwares and to install new window with only necessary utilities and drivers. i have already downloded these drivers and utilities from vaio site. these drivers and utilities do not include the other softwares which u have already mentioned. i communicated with sony with my lisence no. about this problem. i received a response with comments written below................

* If you want to install your own English version of this windows system, you can allways do so, you will not be able anymore to use the supplied recovery disks to install the drivers, utilities or preinstalled software, these will only work with the OEM version supplied with the vaio. However, you can still get the vaio to work with this English OS, but then you will need to install the original drivers and original utilities package from our website. Also, we can no longer offer you software support for your unit, since we support only VAIOs with the preinstalled Operating System. *

Ok , if this is the situation then from where i can get the other softwares.
if u can visit
http://www.vaio-link.com/downloads/downloads.asp?l=en
then perhaps u can give me more better way, while having view on available softwares on this site.

javaid

editiert von: jissmart, 24.08.2005, 13:04 Uhr

Mein Lieber, das hab ich schon auf Deutsch, letzte Woche.
Windows Neuinstallation auf Vaio - so gehts

i have already posted this information in this forum last week (in german tho)

German information won't help people searching for help in this thread as it is written in English. I only suggested to increase the information level of this thread for english speaking visitors of this discussion board.

No need to react in such a disrespectful way, btw.

>>...

Mein Lieber, das hab ich schon auf Deutsch, letzte Woche.
Windows Neuinstallation auf Vaio - so gehts

i have already posted this information in this forum last week (in german tho)
...<<

German information won't help people searching for help in this thread as it is written in English. I only suggested to increase the information level of this thread for english speaking visitors of this discussion board.

No need to react in such a disrespectful way, btw.

Well, its a german speaking forum anyway, people wont search here for english content.

Disrespectful? Mann bist du eine Mimose! (thats what i call disrespecful ;-)

editiert von: stausi, 24.08.2005, 15:06 Uhr

Ok , if this is the situation then from where i can get the other softwares.
if u can visit
http://www.vaio-link.com/downloads/downloads.asp?l=en
then perhaps u can give me more better way, while having view on available softwares on this site.

Hi there,
what do you mean by other software? The software on the vaio site will only ensure that you can use all the hardware (drivers and utils), so you can use the FN n S Buttons, Vaio Powermgt. All the other Multimedia, Graphics and Office Software, such as Adobe Acrobat, Premiere, Photoshop, Windows Works, Norton, Sonic, VaioZone which you have now in a german edition, you gonna lose. So before you start installing everything from scratch, you should do a set of recovery DVDs in case you want to sell the laptop with the original german setup. Since my Vaio came with the possibilty to choice the language i might be able to extract a few of this programs from the recovery disk, but i havent really looked into this yet.

Kind regards,
Martin

The software on the vaio site will only ensure that you can use all the hardware (drivers and utils), so you can use the FN n S Buttons, Vaio Powermgt. All the other Multimedia, Graphics and Office Software, such as Adobe Acrobat, Premiere, Photoshop, Windows Works, Norton, Sonic, VaioZone which you have now in a german edition, you gonna lose. So before you start installing everything from scratch, you should do a set of recovery DVDs in case you want to sell the laptop with the original german setup. Since my Vaio came with the possibilty to choice the language i might be able to extract a few of this programs from the recovery disk, but i havent really looked into this yet.

Kind regards,
Martin
[/quote]

Hallo Martin,

Thnaks to suggest .I prepared recovery DVD from my laptop. My worry was about the working of softwares which now u mentioned and explained clearly. Its looking nice and helpful, if u are able to get some useful programmes from your rcovery disk

wishes,
javaid

editiert von: jissmart, 24.08.2005, 16:13 Uhr