Vaio FW Where to buy FW and to get keyboard ?

G

gore.m

Forum Newbie
Hello ,
first , please sorry Im talking in english , Im sorry I dont know german :(

1/ Id like to know where is best place for buing Sony Vaio FW , can you recommend to me an shop with perfect service and prices , which is able to send notebook to czech republic ? The best would be in Austria . Do you have an favorit ?

2/ Is it possible to buy accessories like keyboard anywhere ? Because I saw in USA and JP sites FW can have white top and white keys . id like to have white UK keys :p

thanks you so much for your time

Why would you like to buy your notebook in Austria when you need it in the Czech Republic? Aren't there any shops that sell notebooks?
It's just because I don't think it's the best idea to buy a notebook abroad if you want to have "perfect service and prices"...
And yes, in general it's possible to buy single parts like keyboards, but I don't know any special shop at the moment... Normally I would say use the board search function but that could be a bit difficult for someone who doesn't speak German :D

I don't think that any Austrian shop will give service abroad - at least I don't know one. You will have the standard Sony warranty, but that makes no difference whether you buy it here in Austria or in your country. I think you will be better off buying a notebook as it should be - that means including your langugage version of Windows and the type of keyboard you want.

In viloshop's link a keyboard for Sony FZ series will be about 90 Euros (excluding shipment), I couldn't find any for the new FW series. I don't think that this will be good-invested money when you can buy the series as should be.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
First - thanks to all for reply !

why to buy abroad :
Reason is simply , it is about money . FW11E in CZ cost 20% more than in Austria .
I think I can use warranty in Austria and I think - to send notebook back (because of any problem) anywhere to Czech Republic is the same as send it to Austria .
But I save 20% of price .

Windows is not problem , change of language is possible :)

I have only one problem and it is keyboard , but I found one company in CZ which can sell keyboard and install it to notebook , I hope they will able to sell me white one :p:p

So now Im looking for an good and cheap shop in Austria .

I found this two : mylemon.at and lammer-shop.at

Does anybody know them ? Or is there any better ?

THANKS TO ALL

F-rouz : Thanks you , you didnt write me I should use the board search function :--)) Because I dont do anything other than searching last days .-)))

apart from the keyboard's color... why do you prefer UK keys to german keys? the czech language is closelier related to german than to english, isn't it?
you also wrote that a change of lanuage in english is possible - you surely know that you have to install Windows Vista Ultimate for that one!

one word concerning those two retailers: have a look at Preisvergleich Geizhals.at sterreich (tell google to translate it)

on that page fairly all retailers in austria (especially vienna) are listed and rated in several categories by people who bought in these stores. take a look at mylemon and lammer-shop to see how about their CRM and overall performance (so you won't get a nasty surprise!)

btw: where exactly do you live? anything within one hour of the border could be close enough to take a short trip to vienna to get your vaio yourself ;)

Forget lammer.at. It's a very small shop in Graz, I would say noone knows how long it will exist.

which modell from the fw series are you exactly searching for?

what do you want to spend on it?