Vaio FW Need help, where to buy FW11E ?

J

Joshefin

Forum Newbie
I will be in Wien for one or two days and i would like to buy FW11E, so can someone tell me a few shops where I can buy it, lowest price ? I saw it in Media Markt, Cosmos, Saturn for 1050 euros.

I will be in Wien for one or two days and i would like to buy FW11E, so can someone tell me a few shops where I can buy it, lowest price ? I saw it in Media Markt, Cosmos, Saturn for 1050 euros.
You can buy it whereever you want - all those shops are very serious. As for me I prefer Cosmos.

where do you come from or where did you want to use that notebook? please note that we have a other keyboard as probally your country :D

where do you come from or where did you want to use that notebook? please note that we have a other keyboard as probally your country :D

I'm from Serbia, and yes I know that ... I would like an english keyboard, but t would probably be german on those models.
Do you know, is the OS also in German ?

Because the people from Austria speak German of course their Notebooks are German, too. That includes the OS, the Keyboard, the AC-adaptor and everything else. An additionally keyboard with english layout costs about 90€ and only Vista Ultimate can be used with any MUI (language pack) you want...

OS can be reinstalled, keyboard - i'll get used to it, few keys are different, ac-adapter - voltage in Austria is 230V, 50Hz, same here.
I would buy it here, but the cheapest one is 1400€ ...

hi joshefin

a few other things to consider:

- what about Serbian customs? are you sure you can simply take your new austrian-sold vaio to serbia without having to pay serbian customs duty (and without becoming a smuggler :)?

- as already explained above, the preinstalled vista OS will be in german, and you´ll need to reinstall vista ultimate to be able to have your os in the serbian language. please note that you´ll have to purchase this vista ultimate os separately, costing you another 180 euros (at the least).

- while sony has a notorious habit of loading its computers with tons of crapware, some of the pre-installed software (vaio utilities to make full use of certain hardware features such as function keys, non-trial software such as burning software, ms works, adobe elements software etc.) is quite useful. other than the most basic drivers and utilities, you will not be able to use this other software under a different vista install, i.e. you cannot simply take the pre-installed software from the pre-installed german vista os and re-install that software on your serbian vista ultimate os.

- what about warranty? will an austrian-sold vaio be covered by sony´s warranty in serbia? i do think so, but i´m not really sure.....

i´m not trying to steer you away from your austrian vaio, just trying to point out a few small but potentially annoying problems that may rear their ugly little head....

cheers and good luck :)

- what about Serbian customs? are you sure you can simply take your new austrian-sold vaio to serbia without having to pay serbian customs duty (and without becoming a smuggler :)?

:)

- as already explained above, the preinstalled vista OS will be in german, and you´ll need to reinstall vista ultimate to be able to have your os in the serbian language. please note that you´ll have to purchase this vista ultimate os separately, costing you another 180 euros (at the least).
- while sony has a notorious habit of loading its computers with tons of crapware, some of the pre-installed software (vaio utilities to make full use of certain hardware features such as function keys, non-trial software such as burning software, ms works, adobe elements software etc.) is quite useful. other than the most basic drivers and utilities, you will not be able to use this other software under a different vista install, i.e. you cannot simply take the pre-installed software from the pre-installed german vista os and re-install that software on your serbian vista ultimate os.

Why can't I do a clean install of my English Windows Home Premium and download from Sony site all drivers and Sony utilities ?

- what about warranty? will an austrian-sold vaio be covered by sony´s warranty in serbia? i do think so, but i´m not really sure.....

Yes, that is a real problem. I also think it'll be covered Sony's warranty here, but I hope I will never need to check that.

whoops, I missed your point about you already *having* a Vista install disc with the English-language OS version... yes, that one can be installed on your new vaio, of course.

Downloading all the necessary drivers and utilities is also likely to work, but again.... all other software that was pre-installed (Click to Disc, Norton/McAfee, Roxio.....) is *not* available as separate downloads from Sony. This software doesn´t come included on some separate disc, either, so you`ll have to pass on these included programs or acquire them separately after you´ve installed your English Vista......

Sony doesn´t want its customers to use the bundled software on any other Vista/OS install than the one that came with the computer out of the factory. Aaah, the freedom of proprietary software..... :cool:

cheers

Zuletzt bearbeitet: